Tuesday, April 15, 2008

My rebate is coming, my rebate is coming!

And I can't wait. But it doesn't look like too many people are following my suggestions as to what to do with the money.

According to USA Today, almost half the people who expect to get a rebate are planning to do something unpatriotic, like pay bills with it, while another 30+ percent are thinking about saving the money or buying completely unhelpful items such as groceries.

But it's not too late to change your mind, so I have a new idea that will certainly stimulate the economy -- buy an island! Sure, the cost is a tad more than your rebate will be, but wouldn't it be worth it?

But when you go shopping, please remember to buy an island inside the borders of the old U.S. of A. The President's plan will go all to hell if you go off and purchase some archipelago in Fiji, so keep your eye on the ball when you're hitting the shops.

No comments: